Reply To: I am diagnosed with ADHD but I am unsure if this is a symptom or if I’m lazy

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums FAQ I am diagnosed with ADHD but I am unsure if this is a symptom or if I’m lazy Reply To: I am diagnosed with ADHD but I am unsure if this is a symptom or if I’m lazy

ScatterBrainy
Participant

I understand what you mean. I wish I was organized. I want to be sooo badly. I always picture it one day everything will finally get organized. But i always seem to get overwhelmed. It starts off with I don’t know where to start or even how to start it. Then
I end up sorting things and putting thingss in piles of things that should go somewhere else and then I end up with just things everywhere and a bunch of unfinished tasks an get overwhelmed and give up. So then i end up making it an even bigger mess than it was.

I used to lose my debit card too because I find it to be a hassle to take it out of my wallet in my purse so I would just slip it in the slot inside my purse. And there were times while I’m driving and have to make a turn and my purse knocks over and things just spill out in my car. So now I use a phone case with a wallet and store my card in the wallet phone case. It just slides and I store my ID and either my debit card or credit card in it.

About the video game controller, I know the feeling. It’s like you need someone to tell u to snap out of it! I think the next time you feel that way, you should ask out loud if your roommate can help you and take the controller away from you. I think you should talk about it to your roommate first so they can understand that sometimes you may get that way and may need their help to take the controller away from you.