Reply To: I've fallen so behind in school! I need better ways to do my HW. HELP PLEASE

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums School & Learning I've fallen so behind in school! I need better ways to do my HW. HELP PLEASE Reply To: I've fallen so behind in school! I need better ways to do my HW. HELP PLEASE

Sporty22
Participant

Hi- Working in chunks of time is very helpful – You do have to know yourself a little bit though- For example , you need to figure out how long of a chunk you can work in- for me it depended on what I was doing- I seemed to be able to work in longer chunks if I was writing a paper so I would set chunks of time for myself like work for an hour and then give myself a half hour break – Study for 1/2 hour 15 min break – ( set timers this might help) – Sometimes I would really have to use my inner voice to talk me into keep going in those chunks but if you use a timer and use your inner voice to keep working until the timer- then reward yourself – it might help – I earned 2 college degrees working in chunks – I hope the strategy helps you.