Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

beenee
Participant

Hello,
I have recently gone back on Adderall after having not taking it for four years. My doctor requires drug tests every three months via urine in order for me to receive the script. I thought, stupidly, (and to be fair, was not explicitly told to) I shouldn’t take the prescription for the drug test and it was perfect since the drug test happened while I was on holiday from school so decided to take about a week off from using Adderall. Obviously my test came back negative which is fine. I messed up. But is it inappropriate to ask the doctor to represcribe it for me and have more frequent drug tests to prove i am taking it? Is one drug test fair? Or did I lose all potential of getting a refill?