Reply To: HELLO! Can some ADHD vets help me with AVOIDANCE

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults HELLO! Can some ADHD vets help me with AVOIDANCE Reply To: HELLO! Can some ADHD vets help me with AVOIDANCE

ivry321
Participant

Nothing works we are all doomed to fail…I’m kidding of course.

First off I am so stubborn. “Don’t tell me what to do” even if it’s me telling me to do something” So when I rebel it’s usually to myself I let it play out and then tell that child to sit down nicely and pay attention

The next thing is I am a music composer I can start to see the end results like writing a piece of music I know how I want it to sound I have a reference at hand and I start with the smallest steps and keep them that way.

I used to write pieces all the way through and play them the same way. The pieces came out ok but I decided Ok was not good enough anymore.

Treat yourself with kitten gloves but know that whatever your negative self-talk is saying and believe me when you start listening it’s loud and clear. You will know nothing is true.

Find your passion be the best at it and live, everything else will follow. Keep track of your steps and when you go off a little gently fall back into line. Stay in your own lane and stay true to your purpose at hand. Remember small steps is extremely important. “To thy own self be true”

Woohoo, only kidding with the woohoo part.

Dave