Reply To: Is it ADHD or…..?

Coral Bells 1
Participant

Dear Friends,
This series of comments reminds me of our granddaughter! She was fine most of the time at home, but the tantrums, screaming fits and impulsive behavior especially at her grandparents who were her babysitters since birth was horrible! I had just heard the talk on Focus On The Family on the Strong-willed child and she did meet a lot of those descriptions. They said to start first with the family doctor and work your way from there. I told my daughter when I spent the night, I would sleep on the bottom bunk and she slept on the top bunk since she was about 2 years old. She would wake me up with her tossing and turning all night! She would roll over, take a huge breath, sleep, roll over, deep breath, etc, etc. I suspected sleep apnea! Well, she brought her to the doctor and she had very severe sleep apnea!! They took her tonsils and adenoids out and she slept like a baby! Still stubborn, like refusing any pain medicine, but no fits and tantrums any more! Hope this helps!
A happy Grandma!
P. S. ADD and ADHD does run heavily in my family on my father’s side. I have ADHD, and my father and brother have ADD and my brother’s son has ADD.