Reply To: Being overwhelmed is turning me into a horrible mum – any advice please?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Being overwhelmed is turning me into a horrible mum – any advice please? Reply To: Being overwhelmed is turning me into a horrible mum – any advice please?

Honey18
Blocked

KIM I am interested to hear how the counselling helped you. Did you look at practical solutions to help you? How many sessions did you have? Last year I had 3 sessions with and ADD coach which was brilliant. She gave me great ideas but of course I find it hard to implement them or even remember them. She was so good but I think I would be too embarrassed to go back to her now and say I’m not really any further forward. I just don’t seem to be able to do the most simple things that most mums do like cook a decent family meal and keep on top of the house! I just can’t seem to do it. I’m going to have another look back at all the notes I made when I saw the coach and see if I can try again.

I’d love to hear if anyone else has had counselling or coaching and found it helped. How did you implement the suggestions?