Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

SquirrelMoment
Participant

My daughter has been taking Adderall for 20 years. After completing graduate school she chose to cut her amount of medicine in half which has worked mostly okay. Obviously, since reducing the amount (about a year ago), she is not abusing them. She often skips weekends unless she has a lot of driving to do. When she went in to pick up her next 3 month prescription, the doctor had her do a drug screen . Insurance says it was medically unnecessary – which it was! Because it was unnecessary, they won’t pay the lab bill which is $250!!!! Any advice? We are in Arkansas and there is no law saying the doc should do this. BTW, she was an excellent student,(drinks very little – she is squeaky clean) and just started her first job where she is doing well. Her doc had no reasons to have any concern about her compliance. Help?