Reply To: Phone addiction affecting everything. Advice?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Phone addiction affecting everything. Advice? Reply To: Phone addiction affecting everything. Advice?

Celeste65
Participant

My Fiance has ADHD, and has his phone with him no matter where he is.
It is sometimes annoying, but I don’t expect it to change. A few years ago, it caused problems, mostly in the evening. Its not like he is the CEO/CFO of the company he works for, but his subordinates would contact him via “Slack” and FB Messenger at all hours…annoying when I’m trying to get to sleep.
His one co worker would send him messages at 10:30, did so for 4 days straight. My fiance slept right thru the alert chime, but I was wide awake after his phone went off.
When I mentioned it to him, he got pissy about it, and acted like I was accusing him of something. (Cheating?)
I explained to him that every time his phone went off for the last 4 days it woke me up, and I had a hard time getting back to sleep afterwards. The solution? Either disable the alerts, or tell your office buddy to stop messaging you late at night when we are trying to sleep.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Celeste65.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Celeste65.