Reply To: Change in Manufacturing of Adderall XR

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Change in Manufacturing of Adderall XR Reply To: Change in Manufacturing of Adderall XR

Melanieem
Participant

Hi. I have experienced all of the bad side effects from various manufacturers of generic Adderall XR. Sandoz was the only generic version that seemed comparable. I was able to get that because I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach. Couldn’t find it in Richmond VA. Anyway, I was about to give up, when I got a letter from my insurance company stating that they would no longer cover my Adderall XR generic, but would cover the brand,and it would not cost me a dime more! So beginning Jan 2020, I have had Brand from Shire. Well something is wrong with this picture. First of all, earlier months ago, I had skimmed an article stating that insurance companies were making deals with the pharmaceutical companies,so that the Brand would be the only thing covered, which would be financially advantageous to both. At the time I didn’t get it. Now,since it has happened to me, I do get it. Let me add that this BRAND ADDERALL XR is not the original formula. That is why they did this…people would be forced to buy it from them, and/or would not keep complaining about the quality of other versions, since the brand was no better. I would not say this at first, thinking maybe it is just me…but no, this is not the same BRAND ADDERALL XR, and Shire is not losing money,since this stuff is most probably made with the same cheap ingredients as their generic counterparts. Maybe they figure that if the way it is released into the system IS the same as the original, then cutting corners on the actual ingredients is OK. Anyway, if you can find generic Sandoz, and your insurance company has not stopped covering generics, then that is your best bet.I cannot express how disappointing this is for me. Think about it…why else has this happened? I believe you all are right, in stating that no one feels the need to worry about the opinions concerning efficacy from drugged people…it is probably laughable to them. God help the poor children who do not have the mental acumen, or awareness to point out the obvious differences. I will contact Shire also, but know exactly how I am going to feel over their lack of concern. Disgusted.