Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

Jaybeetee
Participant

I feel your pain. My doc started me on a *very* low dose of Adderall – 5 mg, and titrated me up to 10. I’ve been on 10 for awhile, and actually found it helpful, but these days feels nearly useless. The problem is, I’m dealing with some hypertension as well, so my doc doesn’t want to increase the dosage until that’sunder control – which it isn’t yet (I’m only 33!) I definitely have a bit of “white coat syndrome” going on – my BP always reads way high in his office, but even when I take it on my own, it’s a bit higher than it should be, and we haven’t figured out if it’s the meds or something else yet. So I’ve been stumbling along at 10 mg for months, wanting to increase. He said last appt. he may take me off it entirely, I assume will try me on something different. It’s hard when you know others who walked in right after getting their dx and their docs started them on 20 right off the bat. But I think my doc is trying to be responsible, especially with the potential side effects.