Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

pummillp
Participant

We have had to increase my grandson’s dosage several times. They always start low and then build. However, this past summer, we had a sleep study done on him. The doctor did not think he had Sleep Apnea because he was so thin…however, the test totally disproved that theory. He would stop breathing about 10 seconds 4 times per hour…so, he was trying to function through the day without a good nights sleep! Lack of sleep just increases ADHD behaviors. Since having the test done, he now sleeps with a CPAP and let me tell you all…What an improvement in behaviors…all day behaviors! We have also decreased the amount and dosages of his ADHD meds. Different Kid…Different Life… If he doesn’t use the CPAP at night, the next day isn’t too bad, until we get to about 5pm and it hits…and I think “This is how it used to be all the time” Blessed and Grateful for that CPAP and the changes in behaviors…all of them for the better…memory, attitude, work at school, social skills!!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by pummillp.