Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious Reply To: Might need a higher dose of Adderall, but prescriber is very cautious

MomwithADHD8
Participant

I have been going to the same neurologist for my ADHD for several years now and I still get like this. Whenever we have appointments, she asks how I’m doing with my meds. I always say they are fine butI wish it lasted all day. I always fear that she’s judging me or thinking I’m just after more medication. I don’t just need the medicine to work while I’m working, but also for home as I have a toddler. And I really feel like being focused and attentive at home is more important than anything, since my toddler’s safety and well-being are at stake. I’ve explained this, but she’s reluctant to prescribe 2 Adderall XR dosages.

It’s hard because there are people who abuse this medication. Which makes it more difficult for those of us that really need it to get it or even feel comfortable asking without fear of judgment.