Reply To: How to make a spouse realize he needs to be evaluated for ADHD?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones How to make a spouse realize he needs to be evaluated for ADHD? Reply To: How to make a spouse realize he needs to be evaluated for ADHD?

Mountainair
Participant

We discovered our son was dyslexic in 2nd grade and at the same time I realized I was also dyslexic and it was confirmed at the same time as my son. Hearing your pain and the years of stress I put my wife through thinking all my problems were some how related to me being dyslexic and not being ADHD. My wife has lived with my ADHD for over 40 years now and although I have accepted my ADHD making myself take the medication is our problem now. I wish I had an answer for you, because I know it was hard for me to accept I had a problem and my wife wasn’t just nagging me. It’s not normal to have unfinished projects everywhere and forget what you are doing as you go from room to room. I put my wife through hell for many years and didn’t even know it. I remember over 25 years ago when I finally told relatives my doctor said I had ADHD. They all said we could have told you that years ago!!! My advice to your husband and you can show him this letter is to at least get evaluated out of love for your family.