Reply To: Losing it

LifeStartsNow
Participant

Thank you, Mongo247365. I looked at my CV after you suggested I make a list of what I’ve accomplished, and I felt like I was reading about someone else. I read about the public speaking I had done, the articles and books I’d written, the degrees I earned, and the lives I touched through teaching a variety of subjects at the middle school- and university levels; but now I struggle just to get through a day. It’s two different people. How did you feel when you made your list? Was it difficult for you to recognize yourself?

I’m shocked that I was able to accomplish so much and now I have trouble getting through just a few hours. If I could, I’d spend most of the day in bed. My depression is at the worst it’s ever been. I had a wonderful psychologist that I had to stop seeing when I went on Medicare, as he didn’t take Medicare. I felt abandoned and didn’t try to find another psychologist. I don’t know where to turn, yet I feel my involvement with ADDitude may help. I very much appreciate your response to my post. This is only the second time I’ve written in the forums, and I sit here, typing away, in the midst of a pile of papers on my desk, credenza, and a box at my feet, but I don’t feel guilty at all. Perhaps this IS the right place to be.

Thank you.