Reply To: Compatibility

Anon
Participant

She’s been on dexamphetamines for the past 8 or 9 months and was only diagnosed then too.

She knows I had thoughts about leaving before dexys. Life’s been much better since then. We are honest and have had discussions about improving. She wants to see an ADHD special psychologist or counsellor.

As far as ‘before’, I had no idea about a lot of the issues before we got married. She, herself, even has said that her ADHD symptoms have gotten way worse in the past few years. Before we moved in with each other I had no idea about how deep these things ran.

As stated, I love her and love her long lost of positive traits and qualities. It’s the ADHD stuff that makes the day to day such a chore and I am stuck on knowing how to work on it when every time I bring it up she says something to the effect that “it’s my ADHD and I’m working on it” or “it’s my ADHD and I can’t help it.”

Oh, and what makes matters more challenging is she has 0 libido. For example, we’ve had sex 4 or 5 times in the past year.

It’s hard to feel fulfilled in this relationship on so many levels.