Reply To: Forgetting literally everything. Tips please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Forgetting literally everything. Tips please. Reply To: Forgetting literally everything. Tips please.

Reflection
Participant

I’m also a very spaced out person and what works best for me is creating patterns. I will write out the pattern (or routine) on a small card and consciously name all the steps in my head while I’m doing them. Plus I tell myself what comes after that. So with tea I tell myself ‘I’m emptying the teapot and then I will put the pot on the counter’, ‘I’ve put the pot on the counter and I’m going to fill the kettle’ etc. After a while these patterns are so ingrained that when I’m lost in my head my body just goes through the motions because following the established pattern is easiest.

It sucks sometimes to feel so lost when it comes to things that seem to come naturally to other people.

Btw I switched from a modern electric kettle to one of those old fashioned ones that whistle when the water is boiling. I love tea, and this helped. I’m a huge proponent of trying to find the most helpful equipment / app etc.