Reply To: dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help! Reply To: dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help!

MsUnderStood
Participant

I am a 46 year old female and this happened to me when I moved to a new county. They changed my diagnosis without a proper assessment because they dont like Adderall. I tried to advocate for myself and it made it worse. The questions that I asked resulted in a insulting judgement response. They closed my file per my request which was a lie. I tried to see what l could do. Everything I’ve read says they were wrong. But the fear of asking for help consumes me. Every day I keep trying to manage life and usually I fail one y or another. The more I ask for help, the more “med seaking” I even. The more information I gave them, the more I was accused of “knowing how to play the system”. I wanted to drive my car into a tree after every session. They validated everything negative I was told as a child. I just keep trying to change what my brain can’t learn.