Reply To: dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help! Reply To: dropped by provider, no taper, no referral, help!

medved
Participant

I’ve been managing his ADHD since elementary school, only recently handed over to him. By far and away the worst provider experience ever, they’re erratic enough that I don’t want him getting anywhere near them again. I’ve just requested full records, and have contemporaneous notes. This has been so egregious that I am evaluating complaint and legal avenues. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else. And I believe they’re doing it with some recent frequency (comments).
My son’s ‘patient agreement’ (newly introduced to everyone at this clinic) is a lopsided, open ended rights invasion, with little specific performance by the provider. They don’t even pretend there’s goodwill. Erroneous false negs or positives are not followed up (which is a standard), you’re just hard dropped. Patient abandonment is not well regarded, for valid reason.
So yes, because my son didn’t hit the relatively high tolerance value for the amphetamine line item he was technically non-compliant. How do I know he’s not just some disorganized kid who wants to stay that way and divert his script? Ironically for the last 3 months I had been working on location 24/7 with my son on a project. I know for a fact his usage, coupled with years of experience that he needs every pill to function and guards his bottle like a food aggressive dog with its bowl. Mild levity, this not symptomatic of dependence, rather I’ve noticed that since about 2015 there’s been a downward drift in dosing to where I would say he was undertreated. These people are just trying to survive in a world that is wired differently.