Reply To: 23 y/o g/son unable to call about job due to anxiety

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD 23 y/o g/son unable to call about job due to anxiety Reply To: 23 y/o g/son unable to call about job due to anxiety

JohnH
Participant

Thank you so much for the encouraging words!! I have spoken with VR here in Atlanta, and they no longer schedule appointments. You just go and have to wait (they may have had some people that did not keep their appts., and not call to cancel) not sure just a thought. I have read reviews from parents that took their young adults to the program, and after going through the program was not successful in finding employment. Even though John did graduate he was in classes with very few students, and had one on one teacher when needed. I think he was so supported (and he did need it), that maybe he is unsure of what degree of support he will have at a workplace setting. He is unable to tell or count money. His memory is so poor, even with taking Ritalin. His community based support lady has told us to sit tight at this point. Again, thank you so much for your reply. It helps so much to have support, especially when you are a 70 y/o grandma. Thank you, Sharon Harvey