Reply To: Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother? Reply To: Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother?

kimberly.rae.90
Participant

Even though I am probably too disorganized to meal prep or keep a spotless home or keep it all together ALL the time, none of that really sounds all that appealing anyhow!

I would much rather take that time and play with my 3 yr old daughter, or teach her something fun or watch her little toddler Youtube videos with her (even if it meant skipping doing dishes and feeding her mac n chz) than give up all that time with her to mealprep for the next month or research organic kale chip recipes lol. Not knocking anyone for being healthy or super prepared and organized! If you are capable, then all the more power to you! Not all of us are, however.

Though I can relate, I probably have NOTHING in common with most of the other moms at my daughter’s daycare, but I do know this– that my daughter is fed, bathed and cared for and she is happy. She is smart and beautiful and funny and confident and I know I couldn’t have done THAT bad! So as long as my daughter is healthy and happy and thriving then how we got there is not really as important as the getting there.

Don’t compare yourself because you are you and they are them and you are different from anyone else on this earth.. you’ll only drive yourself crazy with trying to measure yourself up to other ppl! If you have FOUR kids and they are all fed and happy and loved then you are already doing amazing! I would probably have a mental break down with 4 so I commend and admire you regardless!

Plus, just the mere fact that you worry about whether or not you’re a good mom is what already makes you a good mom!!