1. Diet control helped a lot, especially removing sweets and food with artificial additives.
2. Increase sleep if possible.
3. Do not use force. Use logic. Make connections.
4. Use one liners. And repeat them.
Suppose if a child always plays with water wasting ieverytime s/he goes to washroom, you can say – we conserve water and repeat that instead of a full lecture espisode starting with ‘how many times do I have to tell you…’
4. Show emotional restraint. If the child has a model for anger, ODD child will be quick to pick up on it.
5. Do not stop ‘showing’ love. It sure is there but its important that your child sees it and feels it.
All the best!