Reply To: Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother? Reply To: Does anyone ever feel like they are just faking being a mother?

sarah101
Participant

I can totally relate, I have been there but with some work it does get better. I am in my 40s and still don’t feel like an adult but I learned that I don’t need to or don’t even want to be like everyone else. I love my individuality. For some tips, I try to cook at least 2 nights for 2 days. And one night I will make something like bagged chicken nuggets which takes a few minutes to make with bagged salad and I eat out one night. It doesn’t always work and some days I order out instead of cooking but it’s okay You have to do what works for you and don’t listen to negative stuff people say. You don’t have to change yourself to be like the other mothers. I bet you have a lot of things they don’t have like empathy, and I am sure your kids are happy not being stuck to strict schedules. Give yourself credit for what you do do, serving Mac and cheese doesn’t make you a bad mom, don’t be so hard on yourself. You have a really good husband that was really nice what he said about you.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by sarah101.