Reply To: Please Help I’m desperate

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Please Help I’m desperate Reply To: Please Help I’m desperate

quietlylost
Participant

First and foremost, suicidal ideation is the main concern. If you need assistance, consider the following:

1. National Suicide Lifetime – 800-273-8255 or you can chat online and text as well
2. Go to your local emergency room
3. Seek an emergency session with your current provider

Second, I know it can be hard but it isn’t your responsibility to educate the masses about the legitimacy of ADHD. There are ways that you can approach that if it’s important, but what’s more important is getting the support you need. If you need assistance at home, maybe it can be helpful to address things through counseling (marital or individual) and also through doing things like reading the “5 Love Languages” or downloading the free app. You and your husband can both do the quiz and learn about your style of love if you haven’t already done this.

Also, what is it that you want or need more of at home to give you the support you need? Have you asked for that before? If so, what was the response? If you can’t get that support at home, are there ways to bring that support in? Or are there things that can be taken off the plate that can be let go, such as cleaning the house only once a week instead of every day, or cutting back on meal preparation and eating prepared foods.

There’s no easy solution. But again, first and foremost, if you’re contemplating suicide then that is the urgent priority. Suicidal thoughts are normal, but getting them addressed is paramount.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by quietlylost.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Penny Williams.