Reply To: WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Treating Your Child WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016 Reply To: WARNING – A new generic Methylphenidate Er tab hit the market in December 2016

BellamiaMom
Participant

My 13 year old daughter has taken Concerta generic but brand specific for several years now. Currently on 36mg. We had problems with the pharmacy filling script with generics that did not have the OROS technology, with bad results for my daughter, so I have our Dr specify Concerta brand specific. I had to figure this out on my own on the internet based on others’ posts. So thank you! Now she has been taking Patriot the last couple of months and is not performing well at all in school. She is not the same child all over again. Pill is white with Alza 36 and the little hole. Anyone have any insight – is Patriot just another bad generic?? Are there any other better options? Thanks for any help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by BellamiaMom.