Reply To: Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress? Reply To: Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress?

Nite-owl
Participant

Just found this site and posted about ADD and narcolepsy (yes, there’s a correlation), now I see another one…menopause. Jeez, is there no end to this madness? Scrolling back 20-30 years (I’m 72now) it’s a miracle the kids and I survived! Someone asked about menopause vs peri menopause. Meno=menorrhea, menses, bleeding. Pause=the end of it, normally 12 months after bleeding has stopped. Peri=around, the time around when symptoms of menopause begin (hot flashes, moodiness etc.) until your period has stopped for 12 months.
For those of you suffering through this alone and unsupported, I sympathize. A caring, knowledgeable healthcare professional is key. One who scoffs, ignores or laughs is unprofessional, negligent, uneducated, rude and in the wrong profession. If possible, find a replacement. If that’s not possible, be assertive. Remember this person is working FOR YOU. You’re the boss. Good luck to all of you. This, too shall pass. Well, SOME of it, anyway. The kids will grow up eventually (most of them, hopefully) and retirement will arrive before we die too soon.