Reply To: Dr office drug screening now they are saying I'm not taking it

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Dr office drug screening now they are saying I'm not taking it Reply To: Dr office drug screening now they are saying I'm not taking it

Gizmo_08
Participant

Actually I am brand name Concerta, but either way it is not an amphetamine but may or may not cause a false positive. My insurance requires an authorization for me to get the med and the original drug screen came up negative for amphetamine. The Dr office finally gave me the results of my drug screen that was sent to LabCorp it shown up negative for Concerta(apparently they have a drug screen just for the medication at LabCorp), my blood work came back positive for it though it’s concentration was low. So I’m guessing they need to increase my dosage & may possibly be why the urine screen was negative at LabCorp. Either way I’m tired of jumping though hoops to get my medication due to their sudden policy change requiring a drug screen every time I come into the office. I do understand that they are trying to combat the ongoing drug problems in this very rual area, but enough is enough every time is a bit much and they need to educate themselves some more about stimulant medications because they clearly do not know the difference between amphetamine & methylphenidate.