Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

jwilli
Participant

HI there! Can you please clarify, is your doctor giving you a urinalysis to see if you are taking your Adderall?? Are they testing to see if you are positive for amphetamine, which would be the typical result for mix-salt amphetamines’, Adderall. Or are they testing to see if you have other drugs in your system? If you’re being treated for a co-morbid disorder then you may also be taking anti-depressants or neuroleptics. Correct? Did he or she explain the reason for the urinalysis?? This doesn’t make sense. I was taught in my medical classes that a urinalysis to verify patient compliance would make sense if the patient is taking a drug such as anti-depressant or antipsychotic in order to ascertain specific safe dosage and efficacy levels. Or if it’s a court ordered type medication. But simply testing to see if a patient is taking their amphetamine (Adderall) medication is very strange to say the least.

I’ve given myself home urinalysis recently to discern what other drugs may be in my tainted stimulant prescriptions. This isn’t out of paranoia, it’s because I know some Adderall and other simulants are being tainted with other UNDISCLOSED psychotropic drugs. In fact, some of my urinalyses results have recently shown positive results for these other drugs. The kicker is the nurse at my doctor’s office even recently told me that “many stimulants are being tainted with other drugs.” No kidding she actually told me that! I appreciated her honesty, but this issue is just wrong on so many levels!

Anyway, I’m curious to know more about why your doctor would be giving you a urinalysis. I hope you’re able to get to the bottom of it!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jwilli.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jwilli.