Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Livingw/AdHd
Participant

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories! I feel less of criminal. Well not really, I’m still frustrated. But at least I’m not alone. My next 1 year check up is on its way. I’m sure my heart will be racing and my blood pressure will be up. Not because I’m going to fail. But just the idea of it, besides, if these doctors actually knew anything about what ADHD is. Maybe they wouldn’t be treating us this way. But because of the way I’m treated..and the cycle continues with the nurse practitioner who is extremely rude interrogating me. But if that is the suffering it takes to be a somewhat functioning human. I guess it will do for now. I mean just to get here and to still allow me to be prescribed was a challenge in its self. I don’t want to cause problems and I have to go in to this gray area of having to find something else that works.