Reply To: I always feel incompetent no matter what I do

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame I always feel incompetent no matter what I do Reply To: I always feel incompetent no matter what I do

Breathofrane
Participant

I’m only speaking from personal experience. Steroid meds didn’t work for me at all. Bad side effects. I use a nonsteroid med that seems to be working for me. Strattera, what I use, also has a low dose of antidepressant in it.

I was not diagnosed with ADHD until I was in my mid to late 30s. I had a fast food job that was really hard. I tried to memorize what was in each meal, what the ingredients were for each item, etc. The only way I learned was by making them myself and cheat sheets. ARe there any employee cheat sheets for the register? Any you can make yourself? Keep them with you at the register.

I don’t have, and have never had, therapy for my ADHD. No one in my area provides it. It may help, though. I’d give it a couple tries. If you really don’t feel comfortable with the first one, try another. Some people feel more comfortable talking to their own gender. Also, there are a lot of great ADHD gurus on Twitter that might help. There are several parts of adhd that I had no idea were part of it!