Reply To: 've had it!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships 've had it! Reply To: 've had it!

aadkelly
Participant

OMG woman, I know where you are at. I have ADHD and so does my live in boyfriend. I work on making thing better. Improving myself. I have all the disorganised issue and try my best to make this relationship work. HHe will not admit he even has ADHD and doesn’t try to make things work. If I try to have discussions he reacts with anger to shut me up. It is so frustrating and I feel so alone. The financial thing is keeping me here with him. I am walking around angry all the time and feel like I am loosing my mind. I came to the desision to work on myself. Get my life in order and work on how to survive without him. I have to distance myself emotionally and know that I can not change him no matter what I do. It may take some time but if I keep working towards taking care of myself on my own someday I will be strong enough to not care what he does or even if I need to be living in the same house as him. Be the strong woman you know you are are and plan for an independent happy rest of your life.