Reply To: How do you manage to run a household & family without going crazy!!

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done How do you manage to run a household & family without going crazy!! Reply To: How do you manage to run a household & family without going crazy!!

squidgy
Participant

I create routines, your instinct to take it to bare essentials is a good one. It’s very trendy now to be minimalistic Ask yourself what needs to be done, laundry is the biggest one for me. I leave my washing in the machine as well, so I used too set an alarm, now my washing machine has an app that tells me it’s finished.

I use a timer, ALL THE TIME, so my routines are timed. I’m visually orientated so I make very colourful habit trackers. I only do things in 10 minute lots. If it doesn’t get finished it waits for the next day.

I don’t go to bed until I’ve cleared the dishes, worked out what I’m wearing, what
the kids are wearing, what meals we’re eating, where my keys are and my phone plugged in. That’s a whole hour before bedtime I allow myself to do that. I also do finances on Tuesday and fuel the car on Friday.

I love my ADHD now I’ve learnt to channel it, you’ve got this, just get your phone and put your timer on