What we ended up agreeing on is to put medicine on hold until I set up a much more in-depth evaluation with his psych (our appointment was MUCH quicker than I’d expected, in all fairness), with my parents present, so he can explain it to them better and hopefully help them understand what we’re trying to do, and why, and help get them on board. I certainly don’t mind getting some more expert advice and time to make sure his doc understands more of the nuances of his little brain, and if it gets my folks to calm down, that would be a welcome bonus. Thankfully his symptoms aren’t causing too much impairment, so he can get away without treatment for a bit longer. I just don’t want to end up waiting so long that he ends up suffering needlessly. Ah, the dilemmas of parenting.