Reply To: Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress? Reply To: Can ADHD get worse with age, menopause or stress?

spacecadet59
Participant

Perfect timing! I just found this site earlier today. I am 60 and have always been a little scatterbrained. 🤪 I’ve also taken effexor for years, as well as synthroid for thyroid issues. Two of my three children began taking adderall as young adults. My daughter has done a lot of research and has read that women are more likely to be diagnosed with depression instead of ADD. I think maybe I’ve just been learning to compensate, too. I did well in high school and auditioned and was accepted to music school, but I can look back now and see all kinds of issues since high school. Again, I survived, but have never really felt like I had my act together. Part of that is my personality, to be really hard on myself. I also blamed depression, thyroid, marriage, and my lack of motivation. My jobs involve teaching music and church music and all go into high gear this time of year. I feel so unable to deal with all the little pieces this year! I’ll be talking to the doctor when I see him for other stuff next week. An article on here about older folks, even older than me, 😉 with ADHD was so encouragingly. So glad to know I’m not alone!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by spacecadet59.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by spacecadet59.