Reply To: It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal Reply To: It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal

SimonaSto
Participant

You know what helps me ? I write down the time slots something needs to be done prior and also give myself time in case cant get on time anyway. For example: My kids school starts at 7:30am. Instead of thinking that’s the time they have to be there I pretend the time they must be there is 7:00am.(its OK to be places earlier then suppose to 🙂 ) I write down on paper I have to get up at 5:00am to get myself ready, I like to use that snooze button so next I write I must be up by 5:45am, by 6:00am must wake the kids up and by 6:30am we must leave the house as it takes us about 25 min to school. Even if we dont make leaving house by that time we are still on time. 🙂 Make sure you keep the times handy so you can take a peak now and then. Many times I used to forget it and was late because I thought I need less time for certain task. When you fall into that you are close to the time you suppose to be there reboot yourself like a computer and turn on the default 😉
So far it works well.