Reply To: High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Food, Nutrition & Health High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please Reply To: High Calorie small quantity school lunch ideas, please

ADHDinPGH
Participant

I am similar even as an adult. Sometimes I have such an aversion to a certain food (randomly, my body will just say no!) that I can’t even force myself to swallow it! I started pre-making a bunch of fruit/veggie smoothies with avocado or coconut oil and protein powder in them and then put them in the reusable babyfood squeeze pouches in the freezer. They are small enough to be able to eat it all in one sitting and give me enough protein and fat to keep me going til dinner, when a meal is for some reason more manageable for me.

FWIW I think for me sometimes my daily tasks at work are so overwhelming that taking time to eat and be present overwhelms me more because I can’t be in my head processing my day. Not sure if your child may be feeling similar, but perhaps worth exploring if only lunch is the hard meal.