Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

buffalochick
Participant

After my Doctor left the practice, he was kind enough to find another doctor for me who would continue writing the Adderall prescription which I had been getting for the last almost 15 years, every month religiously. I’ve never abused it or taken in anyway aside from exactly as the directions state. After moving over to he new physician two years ago, about 6 months in was informed that I have to consent to a urine drug test at each appointment as a condition of obtaining the same script I have gotten for well over a decade. I reluctantly agreed despite the fact that I have never abused this medication, have no history what so ever of drug addiction, or issues with the law of any kind or anything at all’s that would indicate the even slightest need for reoccurring drug testing. (Not to mention the fact that, like most people now adays, I have a high deductible insurance plan so, with this urine test, I was paying in total about $180 each time I went in and then filled my script. ($65 for appointment, $85 for urinalysis drug testing, $30 script) Now, at my most recent appointment, I was informed that due to the fact that they have too many patients with controlled substance script, they would not be writing my script any longer and told me that I would need to go else where, & referred me to a mental health facility who they stated may write my script from now on. WHAT????? First off I have absolutely zero history of mental health issues, secondly, how can they just tell you that they are not going to do it anymore, after repeated drug tests over a number of years, never an issue, and now all of a sudden they are just going to dump you off to figure it out on your own?!? How can they do this? Has anyone else experience something similar??