Reply To: Zombie Syndrome on Adderall XR? Need help

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Zombie Syndrome on Adderall XR? Need help Reply To: Zombie Syndrome on Adderall XR? Need help

mia_green_eyes
Participant

Hi, I was on zoloft before too … for eight years. I did find that the zomig made me sort of “emotionally numb” and unmotivated to do things (happy to stare into a computer though) … so I slowly reduced it bit by bit … and increasingly felt like “myself” again ! Perhaps I did not need the zomig anymore… or not as much. When I started it I was depressed.
Now I am trying Adderall XR (only 5 mg) and having mixed results. It makes me feel calm and very focused on the task at hand (great for simple housework or shopping). But any challenging “thinking tasks” I cannot figure out…like solving a problem, prioritizing, being mindful etc … are very difficult to do on the Adderall XR. So I am going to ask the doctor about a different stimulant I think and look into supplements, nutrients, diet etc. I strict regular bedtime also greatly helps me.