Reply To: Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant) Reply To: Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant)

Trying to fit in
Participant

Yes. I solve most of my day to day problems outside the box that my husband totally doesn’t understand but works for me. He’s always, “that’s not the way you’re supposed to do that.” When I’m with my adhd mom there are no questions asked about me doing something differently, creatively or sometimes just plain strange. I’m free to do things my way and sometimes it turns out to be the better way.
Why do we have to change to live in the non-adhd world. Some of our problems are only problems because we are not allowed to do things our way. Why can’t we be ourselves?
I could rant about this forever. I just think I wouldn’t need medication, I wouldn’t have anxiety and would be so happy if we weren’t expected to conform to non-adhd ways. I so want to live with other adhd’ers with all our creativity and spontaneity. Pure bliss. No so called normal people allowed. They just stress us out wanting us to conform.