Reply To: Does anyone else self-sabotage?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Does anyone else self-sabotage? Reply To: Does anyone else self-sabotage?

ivry321
Participant

Hi All,

I have been diagnosed almost 10 years now with ADHD and a shorter amount with Bi-polar. This is the 2nd time first time with ADHD was when I was 6 this time I was 50.

I like this topic

I like getting analytical because that’s how I figure things out. Some call it pysco-bable but, I think it’s only that when no action is suggested or taken on the topic.

For me, self-sabotage is comfort food. I am in the middle of a project I naturally get bored cause I am ADHD and it’s easier to just say “eh, I have had enough of this” instead of working through the challenge and ending up with the results we were seeking. It’s hard cause there are no guarantees that we will succeed and we are already comfortable in failing or not completing projects( Same Thing)

My challenge is I hate being told what to do, even if it’s me saying it.I work time through it a lot but sometimes it gets the better of me.

When starting new projects I try to write down what I want the end result to be and then work from there if I can. One step at a .time.

I write music so I will start with a mood first then chords and melody that fit that mood.

WHAT NEVER WORKS

Just sitting down with no thought and completing a piece of music. It may start out like that but if I don’t stop and think about what I am doing I end up with zero results every time. Mr. Stubborn at it again.