Reply To: Topped out on vyvanse

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Topped out on vyvanse Reply To: Topped out on vyvanse

Javid1980
Participant

70mg is the maximum amount per day of lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) that the FDA has recommended and approved but, I have read from others taking more under their doctors recommendations. Your insurance company usually will not cover more than the FDA limit unless they approve an over ride done by your doctor. That being said I have read of doctors using a booster of straight dextroamphetamine in the afternoon to help patients get through the down side of the afternoon.
The real question you have to answer for yourself is are you not “feeling it” or are your symptoms not being covered as well? There is a big difference in the two and the small “euphoric feelings” you first experience on all stimulants runs it’s course and usually never returns no matter how much you take of the medication. I for one have never felt the euphoric feeling from my medications as I have heard people talk about. I am very uncomfortable with anything effecting my mood in that way at any rate so I am happy it doesn’t give me that feeling. I take 30mgs of instance release 2 times a day of Adderall(dextroamphetamine salts) and I have been at that dose for over 10 years now. I used to take Ritalin (methylphenidate) ER 20mg 3 times per day and it eventually just stopped working for me.
**I have also read like someone else posted that the medications like amphetamines and methylphenidates can be greatly effected by the foods you eat when you first take them most especially orange juice or things rich in vitamin C.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Javid1980.