Reply To: Adult adhd (inattentive) diagnosis and relationship with aging parents

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Adult adhd (inattentive) diagnosis and relationship with aging parents Reply To: Adult adhd (inattentive) diagnosis and relationship with aging parents

akaterri
Participant

Thank you for your sympathy…well i was very proud of myself when going to the celebration of his life even ..hugged my step father ignored my mother and sat at my stepmoms familys table where i made new friends and swapped funny stories. when my mom came up too me and said hi or something like that i dont remember all i know is i told her i was trying to get an important phone number into my phone and she turned and walked away. If I was forced to sit at my familys table there would have been arguing and it wasnt the time or place for that…and it would have been me that would be the focus of blame because most likly i would have walked out..I did have to leave in a rush my ride was leaving…and later received a nasty text from my sister for not saying good by.