Reply To: HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle Reply To: HELP! Stuck in the Passive Aggressive, Spiteful and Vendictive Cycle

Dave123
Participant

Healing Developmental trauma – its what adhd might be. but perhaps not in all cases – but really – who the heck knows but its a useful lens to understand.

i know that yes, a small percent of those that keep adhd into adult hood also have personality problems. some of it can come i think from the programing where like 40% of them are ODD as kids and likley in families with the same low emotional intelligence.

I will admit i woke up to being somewhat narc myself. the reason they are connected is because they both involve the prefrontal cortex.

I recomend reading “healing developmental trauma” but also checking out how i typed up some of the “Survival styles” that show up in “Today” into my sheet under the survival styles tab. its useful to be mindful because to seperate form the pride based identifications we also need to simaltaneously seperate from the shame based ones that fuel them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZK6b0lwJfrR6dxEHhoPFtdyaIepADyoTpit7yX-ucU8/edit?usp=sharing

def look up the “autonomy” style and perhaps the trust one.