Reply To: Am I the only one feeling this way?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Am I the only one feeling this way? Reply To: Am I the only one feeling this way?

LuannKelly1980
Participant

Wow, I really relate to what you’re saying. I too get exhausted with paperwork, telephone conversations, social events, etc. I can no longer work because it has gotten progressively worse with age. I’m only 57. I have other related conditions from anoxic brain trauma in my youth. It affects family life as well as Social and financial. I can do things, just more slowly because my focus is not dependable. All I can say is that for me, counseling helped refocus my life, and time management tools. I do small projects at home. This is the brain I have to work with, and though it limps along, and is the source of many an emotional breakdown, I am not dissuaded that I’m of no use to myself or others. Finding a passionate interest is the number one thing an ADD brain can grasp onto. God bless, and I look forward to reading what others have to say about this.