Reply To: ADHD is ruining my life

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADHD is ruining my life Reply To: ADHD is ruining my life

Sage
Participant

Hey, StillPlaysMC.

To me, it sounds like you have VERY severe ADHD. But, you are actively trying to find ways to improve in class. Now, moving on to the subject of your dad. Honestly, he sounds abusive to me, verbally and physically. Now, I’m not that much older than you, still in my teens. But I read a lot, I listen to people’s stories (would like to be a therapist when I get older), etc. and that honestly just sounds like textbook abuse. But listen to me. It will get better. As to keeping your grades up, what is the issue you find? Are you constantly distracted during homework? Are you not getting projects done on time? I know it’s almost impossible to concentrate in class because of your anxiety. Your dad is the reason for that anxiety, correct? If so, I suggest you talk to your mom about it. And if you have a therapist, talk to them, too. Explain how you feel, that you can’t concentrate, can’t keep your grades up, are constantly anxious and depressed. Explain your situation, that your dad always yells and hits you, and see what comes out of that. But the most important advice I can give you right now is to stay strong, and remember you always have support. <3