Reply To: I got fired today, after the second day at the job…

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Teens and Young Adults with ADHD I got fired today, after the second day at the job… Reply To: I got fired today, after the second day at the job…

Sage
Participant

Hey, EternalOne.

Okay so. You got fired because you were slowish, made a few mistakes parking a car, and didn’t clean a table? That is not cool. I mean, you even admitted here that you were on your phone (it’s a thing. Most people I know who have ADHD can only really focus on electronics) , and that’s why you didn’t clean a table. Now yes, that was perceived as lazy. But you being slow isn’t something you can help. You made a few mistakes, so what? We’re all human. Yes, your boss did have expectations of you that you did not meet, so that’s why she fired you. But, I agree that she should have given you a second chance to prove yourself, not just fire you. And I do think you should go and see a psychiatrist, and get professionally evaluated. It may help you understand yourself a little more, instead of just guessing what you have. So my advice to you is to look for a new job, try your best, and go get professionally evaluated. Stay strong!