Reply To: Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant) Reply To: Losing time … so much time (a little frustration rant)

Trying to fit in
Participant

Yesterday it took me three hours to get ready to to go the drugstore. I didn’t even wear makeup. Why? I thought it was about 30 minutes until I looked at the clock. It takes me hours to do anything. I didn’t used to be so bad. The older I get the more time just disappears and the harder I have finding medical help. My house is getting worse since it takes me hours just to do one simple task. I do get sidetracked a lot but those sidetracks are also things that need to get done. I’m 61 and worry constantly that I have dementia.
When I am alone and not feeling the pressure to complete anything I’m actually happy in moving from task to task. Just hanging in the house doing this and that. I would be happy if others didn’t expect anything from me. My 93yr old mom has ADHD but doesn’t know it. When I lived with her before getting married 2 years ago we were so happy just hanging around in the house doing this and that, whatever caught our attention. I try to go visit for the whole day so we can have fun drifting from project to project. I am so happy and feel free when I don’t have time constraints. I am happy in my own ADHD world. I also get more done when I’m free from time pressure. It is weighing on you even when you have no track of time.I’m so sad when I live in the non ADHD world. I lose all my time. Accomplishing nothing and disappointing others.