Reply To: ADHD is ruining my life

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults ADHD is ruining my life Reply To: ADHD is ruining my life

Boom3r
Participant

Good evening
I want to tell you that there is nothing wrong with who you are and where you are in life. You are a strong individual and like you there are many out there that are struggling too. It is people like yourself sharing your experience that help make the world a lighter brighter. I read your story and my son as well has ADHD and he struggles just like you. I almost thought he wrote it. His older brother is ASD as well. It is your story that gives him understanding that he isnt alone. I wish you could meet. What are you good at? What do you enjoy? Not everyone is going to grow up and be a doctor, lawyer or an accountant. Individuals with ADHD have special talents and you need to keep discovering what they are and when you find them let them develop and as you get older you will be able to do something you like. Grade school is hard because everyone has to do the basics and the system think everyone learns the same but once you get older you can branch out into what you want to do. Are you good with your hands, like to be physical busy? Cant sit and read for hours. We need all kinds of people in this world. Dont give up, the fact that at 13 years old you can express and share what you have is amazing. Keep going. Keep sharing.
Good luck