Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well. Reply To: Methylphenidate manufacturer changed and it doesn’t seem to work as well.

mbattista
Participant

So as I write this, I have been up with my son all night who can’t sleep due to the change in his meds because of manufacturer changing. Two months ago, I changed from Walgreens to CVS because it was closer to my house because we moved and I noticed his meds were different looking but thought nothing of it. He is on Concerta and other meds were great. With in a week, noticed such a change…like he wasn’t on anything at all. Not sleeping, afraid of everything, so hyper, moody, such a huge change. Gave it time but that not sleeping became a huge problem. Called his doctor to see if I was crazy noticing a change, called CVS, went to Walgreens and finally someone told me could be the change in manufacturing. I couldn’t keep giving to him because it was horrible…but I had to. Finally I called insurance company and they were so nicely to change date of next refill and I went back to Walgreens and got what he was on before! Yay…and last month great. Now last week went to pick up his perscription, and Walgreens changed manufacturer and I want to cry. Happening all over again:( He was on other meds for a year and it has been so great and now this again. I went back to Walgreens right after I noticed meds different looking last week and she said yes they changed and to come back if I see a change and see what they can do and if can go back and I hate to do that…but I have to go back and ask again. It is so horrible and I get they need to do this, but it’s so hard on my son when he is use to one thing and I can’t keep him on it. School is starting soon and I need him on the ones he has been use to for a year. I can’t have him not sleeping and everything else. It’s so frustrating and I feel terrible for him:( this blog has helped so much because I seriously thought I was crazy this was happening so thank you for that.