Reply To: It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal Reply To: It's just 15-20 minutes… it's not a big deal

Madison.Jarvis
Participant

I have over time developed almost a fear of being late. I think it stems from making it to adulthood before being diagnosed. I have had near panic attacks while driving places because I think I won’t make it on time.

To solve this I add about 15 minutes on top of however long Google maps tells me it will take. I check the night before how long it will take then add the 15 minutes, so say if its a 15 minute drive I convince myself that I need half an hour to get there. This often ends with me sitting in my car around the corner for sometimes up to half an hour but at least I’m not having a breakdown and shouting at the car in front of me for not speeding.

I am not a morning person and sleep is my top priority, if I don’t have a meeting that day I won’t wear make-up just so I can sleep for 10 more minutes.

Medication has helped me in so many ways but getting up early isn’t one of them.