Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

The first time I got tested surprised me. I was handed a cup and asked for a urine sample. No explanation as of why. Then while the nurse was taking my vitals, I asked if the sample was for a drug test to make sure I was taking my methylphenidate (concerta) and not selling it… which she replied yes.

Honestly, the testing doesn’t bother me. I have ADD. My brain processes things differently. Its part of who I am and my personality. It is not an embarrassment.

HOWEVER, I just got tested for the second time a few weeks ago and I just got a bill for $384.98 for “Laboratory” from our local health system. This is after my insurance covered $118.02. So a total of $503… so I called and verified…this was for the drug test. So I am being charged $385 to prove I am taking my medicine.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I will be contacting my physician office to update my medical file as I will be discontinuing the use of my mediation.